scalable lead-generating homepage design
the thermofisher.com homepage receives over 500,000 hits every month and is the starting point for the majority of internal and external users. The website has two main audiences that drive traffic either to learning content or to the extensive product catalog. The product catalog produces over $10 Billion a year in revenue and is driven by marketing and sales teams.
my role. ui design. art direction. brand strategy. visual identity. digital marketing.
With known inter team dependencies and component complexity there were limitations to a complete overhaul. the homepage is dynamically-driven by an omni-channel marketing tool and translates to seven regions. governance has been an issue for many years, and out of date design, inconsistent styling and content usage, non-responsive design, and are all reasons the homepage needed a fresh user interface.
a scalable page design, imagery and usage guidelines, and a process for brand and business units to efficiently execute ongoing marketing campaigns. the strategy would increase conversion and impressions, increase brand visibility, and improved the customer experience and back-end process to deliver the advertisements.
the homepage now has a scalable process for developers and designers while also providing brand consistency, usability, and accessibility for customers.
- new image guidelines and art direction for marketeers.
- new UX specifications for development teams and content authors.
- increased cross-team collaboration and communication.
- improved marketing guidelines and brand governance.
- enhanced component functionality and responsive design
- enhanced New Products and Promotions page
- clear hierarchy of information